Sunday, August 24, 2008

two digital artists experimenting with media

Jason Slavon has been experimenting with making art from data for a long time. he seems to have used every kind of code there is. "Top 25 Grossing films of All Time, 2 x 2," "Every Playboy Centerfold " and "Homes for Sale" are my favorites but I haven't looked at everything yet. ok, maybe he maybe hasn't used processing at all but his work precedes processing and explores the interaction of data and visual in really cool ways.

30 September: today I took a few minutes and looked at the "Late Night Trio," which has 64 nights of video and audio of Leno, Conan and Letterman composited into single frames. now that's my favorite.


Boris Muller is a graphic designer interested in translating text into visual expression in programmed ways. he also has some map experiments on his web site. I don't seem to be able to see the maps due to plugin incompatibilities. need to explore a little more.

No comments: